Hello, this is my new blog where I am just going to rant about loads of different things. First up I thought I'd just have a talk about Modern Television and what I think it is missing.
Nowadays, I feel that one thing is lost from TV and thats just silence. Writers and directors just feel the need to have cut after cut, word after word and I wish they actually gave you that little bit of silence. Now, not every programme is like that. Broadchurch recently has been fantastic for being a slower drama. It gave you the chance to think and I think that was one of the great things about the show. Also, in episode 8, there was that one scene where David Tennant's character was just walking and tracking the phones signal. Now that was fantastic as it helped build the tension. I know some people would be thinking, just hurry up and get to the phone but I liked the fact it was just one long scene as it made it feel more real.
I'm not saying, get rid of the fast cuts and the talking. It really works in the action scenes and I think that needs them but its nice to have these little moments where there is a bit of silence. A bit of time to think things through.
I was watching some episodes of Corronation Street from the 60's/70's and those had such a slower pace compared to now and I liked that. Its a shame soaps have lost that. You cut from one scene to another and its rare you have a scene with no-one talking. I do wish they could bring a bit of that back into shows again. Not too much as it can hurt the shows but a bit of thinking time again would be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment